After a year of development, testing and debugging we are pleased to announce the release of GhostBSD 10.3 MATE & XFCE which is available on SourceForge and torrents for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
What's new in GhostBSD 10.3
- ZFS support
- UEFI support
- Installer custom partition creation subjection
- VirtualBox support get setup at boot time if needed.
- 4k partition alignment by default
- GhostBSD Software will be updated Quarterly which will bring more stability to GhostBSD still user will be able to change it to latest to have the latest software update.
What changed in GhostBSD 10.3
- The installer partition editor UI and partitioning have been improved
- VirtualBox additions would be uninstall after installer if it is not runnig in a VirtualBox
- Slim is replacing GDM.
- Networkmgr display the full SSID
- Replaced the HTML/CSS installation slide with a GTK/CSS the slide.
What has been fix.
- Networkmgr SSID list
- VirtualBox supports
- Installer MBR partition issue
- Some installer text error
- Keyboard layout after installation with MATE
- Network Manager slowness to open the menu
- Network Manager icon tray crash
- Localtime time as been fix
- Fix boot partition for GPT to supports freebsd-boot, bios-boot and efi
- System Update duplicating the whole install under /boot/kernel.old
- sudo configuration
- Wifi down by default
- Locales are not correctly set up on installation
Where to download:
The image checksum's, hybrid ISO(DVD, USB) images are available here:
Writing the iso to a USB stick
dd if=GhostBSD10.3-RELEASE-20160829-214135-mate-amd64.iso of=/dev/da0 bs=1m
dd if=GhostBSD10.3-RELEASE-20160829-214135-mate-amd64.iso of=/dev/sdf bs=1M
dd if=GhostBSD10.3-RELEASE-20160829-214135-mate-amd64.iso of=/dev/disk2 bs=1024
We encourage you to use our new issue system http://issues.ghostbsd.org/main_page.php.