$150 gained $5000 to go! Help us achieve our goal of $5000!
GhostBSD 4.0 BETA 1 now available
After a long awaited time, the first BETA build of the 4.0-RELEASE release cycle is available on SourceForge for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
Where to download:
The image checksums, ISO images and USB images are available here:
Changes and problems fixed between 4.0-ALPHA3 and 4.0-BETA1 include:
- Switch from cpio to rsync for copying file on the installation.
- The kernel is now writable on the live DVD which solves graphic card kernel loading for Intel and ATI.
- Updated FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE to FreeBSD 10.0-RELEASE-p3.
- Network with "Live Image" does not work in Virtualbox or VMware Workstation / Player - workaround is to install the OS.
- GBI allow users to summit partition without root(/) partition.
Issues fixed that need testing:
- Installer failed to copy files on virtual machine.
- Xorg failed to load MATE.
A special thanks to those who had reported any issues.
Please be aware that this release provides beta testers and developers with a system to test out new features for the upcoming release. This release is a BETA / Test build and may contain buggy code and features, so we encourage you to run it only on non-critical systems.
Note: Developers can't fix problems that we are not aware and can't reproduce; if you report a problem give us a detailed reports that we can reproduce the problem.
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using GhostBSD and have a lot of fun beta testing GhostBSD!