$293 gained $4707 to go! Help us achieve our goal of $5000!
GhostBSD 4.0 BETA 2 now available
The Seconde BETA build of the 4.0-RELEASE release cycle is available on SourceForge for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
Where to download:
The image checksums, ISO images and USB images are available here:
Changes and problems fixed between 4.0-ALPHA3 and 4.0-BETA1 include:
- Fix rsync to avoid to copy the tmp and mnt directory during installation.
- Update Networkmgr to 0.5 prerelease.
- Users who omit the root(/) partition will be warn by a window dialog.
- GBI partition Editor have receive lot of tweak to avoid error.
- GBI is now partitioning when installing.
- Network with "Live Image" should now work under Virtualbox or VMware Workstation.
- Xorg failed to load MATE for some Intel and ATI.
Issues fixed that need testing:
- Installer copying file flawlessly.
- Network in live environment
A special thanks to those who had reported any issues.
Please be aware that this release provides beta testers and developers with a system to test out new features for the upcoming release. This release is a BETA / Test build and may contain buggy code and features, so we encourage you to run it only on non-critical systems.
If you notice problems please make sure to read http://wiki.ghostbsd.org/index.php?title=Becoming_a_Beta_Tester reporting them through testing ghostbsd mailing list or the appropriate Forums.
Note: Developers can't fix problems that we are not aware and can't reproduce; if you report a problem give us a detailed reports that we can reproduce the problem.
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using GhostBSD and have a lot of fun beta testing GhostBSD!