$256 gained $5000 to go! Help us achieve our goal of $5000!
GhostBSD 4.0-ALPHA3 now available
After a long awaited time the third ALPHA build of the 4.0-RELEASE release cycle is available on SourceForge for the amd64 and i386 architectures.
Where to download:
The image checksums, ISO images and USB images are available here:
Changes and problems fixed between 4.0-ALPHA2 and 4.0-ALPHA3 include:
- Network after install works on Virtualbox
- Added Wifimgr back for better wifi support until Networkmgr is working flawlessly
- Removed gimp since gimp is easily install with "sudo pkg install gimp"
- Removed all software that depends on Nautilus (ie. Rhythmbox and gksu)
- Exaile is replacing Rhythmbox
- GhostBSD user is now removed after installation
- New experimental look
- Network with "Live Image" does not work in Virtualbox - workaround is to install the OS.
A special thanks to those who had reported any issues.
Please be aware that this release provides beta testers and developers with a system to test out new features for the upcoming release. This release may contain buggy code and features, so we encourage you to run it only on non-critical systems.
Note: Developers can't fix problems that we are not aware and can't reproduce; if you report a problem give us a detailed reports that we can reproduce the problem.
We look forward to receiving your feedback. Thank you for using GhostBSD and have a lot of fun beta testing GhostBSD!