$405 gained $4595 to go! Help us achieve our goal of $5000!
GhostBSD 3.0 LXDE RC1 is ready for testing
The first release candidate of GhostBSD 3.0 LXDE is now available for testing. This release includes the new installer features from the upcoming release. While this is a release candidate, it might contain some bugs and other problems, which have not been discovered during beta tests so we still only encourage you to run it only on non-critical systems.
Changes since LXDE BETA1.
- FreeBSD 9.1-BETA1 to FreeBSD 9.1-RC1.
- Bxpkg got fixed - it now uses the 9-stable pkg instead of 9.0 pkg. (FreeBSD 9-stable pkg might change that can cause you error with the pkg manager.)
- LXDE RC1 fits on a CD again.
- WiFi configuration in /etc/rc.conf has been fixed.
- Gnome Mplayer has been replaced with Parole - a lighter media player.
- Gxneur has been added for switching keyboard layouts.
- Firefox has been replaced with SeaMonkey.
- Gedit has been replaced by Leafpad.
- Gcalctool has been replaced by Galculator.
- Audacious has been reported buggy. We had replaced it with Xfmedia. This is only a temporary fix, but if we get positive feedback, we might consider leaving it in the system.
- XScreenSaver has been added.
- ZFS is not fully tested.
- FreeBSD 9-stable pkg might change and can cause you error with the package manager.
Report bugs by the mailing list, the development portal or by the forum.If you get an installation error please provide us with /tmp/.pc-sysinstall/pc-sysinstall.log and the full explanation of the way you have configured it.