$150 gained $5000 to go! Help us achieve our goal of $5000!
GhostBSD is a user-friendly BSD operating system builded on top of FreeBSD. FreeBSD is known to be a solid, powerful, secure and stable server operating system, providing an excellent base for a desktop operating system.
FreeBSD seem to be aimed at more experienced or technical users. As such, newcomers on BSD platform can be confused, especially for those who lack the technical expertise required to use it.
GhostBSD aims to provide a familiar workstation with all features and benefits of FreeBSD combined with a twist of the MATE desktop environment and a focus on user-friendliness. Available in both 32- and 64-bit versions, GhostBSD is suitable for newcomers to BSD as well as experienced BSD users from.
GhostBSD shares many of the same features as FreeBSD, including:
- Intgreated, Firewalls, Jails, Linux emulation, Network Virtualization, bhyve
- KMS and new drm2 video drivers
- The FreeBSD ports collection
- New Binary Packaging System pkgng
GhostBSD added a few extra features of its own, including:
- A user-friendly installation process
- Automatic detection of your computer’s hardware
- Automatic configuration network card
- Pre-installed desktop environments
- Pre-installed codecs to play multimedia files
The project has the following objectives:
- Freely available for anyone to use
- Freedom to customize the system and to modify the code
- Comply to respect privacy
- Providing an consistent intuitive work environment
- Providing a secure and stable system
GhostBSD is licensed under the terms of the Revised BSD License.
GhostBSD contain software licensed under the terms GPL.
The content and documentation available on this website is licensed under the terms of Creative Commons Attribution 4.0 International License (CC BY 4.0)